F-FAB SERIES AIRCRAFT ROLL FEATURES
DESIGNED IN THE USA
As with all RMT designs, these special rolls are designed and engineered here in the USA. Built with quality components and extremely intelligent design, these rolls are built to last decades.
No other machines match the speed, simplicity and precision for the aviation industry as the RMT F-Series machines. These machines bend aluminium or titanium alloyed sheets even with one or more radius, including hyperbolic shapes, to get precise cylindrical or tapered forms. The RMT R&D teams experience and expertise can even help create custom machines to solve any problem specific to your project.
RED MACHINE GIVES YOU WIIIIIINGS!
There was a time when several companies fought over the aircraft and aerospace industry in forming leading edge’s, helicopter propellers, and other special projects. Almost all of those companies are gone now and their used machines are very difficult to find. RMT F-Series Rolls have filled the need and brought back with even more unique features the machine that makes these difficult parts, simple again.
PRECISE AND POWERFUL
The movement of the upper beam is powered by separate dual speed AC motors, gearboxes, screw jacks and zero backlash couplings. Upper beam positions are monitored by very sensitive linear encoders and digital readouts.
Top and bottom rolls are driven by a high torque dual speed AC motor and gear set. Gearbox rotation transferred to the rolls by sensitive cardan joints. The strong magnetic disk brakes prevent the sheet from sliding back during pre-bending operation.
If you have ever tried to form relatively thin titanium, then you know exactly how flexible and elastic it is. Overcoming the ultra high yield point to allow the material to take on the new shape you need requires not only special knowledge, but special machinery that takes into consideration the challenges that such materials bring to the table. RMT Rolls are all designed to perform with a wide range of materials to suit each customer’s need.
PETITE TOP ROLL, MASSIVE RESULTS
To create a truly perfect leading edge you must have a machine that can roll such a tight diameter it can overcome the ultra high yield point of material like Titanium. Of course, to roll a tight diameter you must have a small upper roll. The only way to compensate for the inevitable deflection of using a small upper roll is to fully support the rolls the full length of the machine.
F-FAB SERIES GALLERY
• Larger machines available, please contact us for details.
• All specifications are subject to change without notice.
• Weight and motor powers optionally goes higher levels with additional features.
- Digital readout
- Dual speed
- Induction hardened rolls (HRC 54-58)
- AISI 1050 Carbon steel rolls ground and chrome coated
- Upper beam is powered by separate dual speed AC motors, gearboxes, screw jacks and zero backlash couplings
- Machine body constructed of stress-relieved high yield steel
- Rolls seated in bronze roller bushings
- All rolls driven by AC motor and helical gear box with cardan shafts
- Emergency stop wire around the machine
- Electrical and mechanical protection against overloads
- World standard electrical components (parts stocked by RMT or available off-the shelf from your local supplier)
- Manual lubrication
- NC Control Unit
- Motorized bottom rolls
- Motorized and NC controlled bottom rolls
- All axis positioning with adjustable speed on NC machines
- Hydraulic side support system (both sides)
- Material feeding table (Idle or motorized)
- Automatic central lubrication
- Automation systems