Ain’t Nothing Cheap About These Brakes
The fabricator invited the representative from Revolution Machine Tools to sit down in the office of his shop and said, “I’m just interested in your cheap brakes.”
“If you mean our less-expensive press brakes, you’ll want to take a look at our B-SMART press brake series,” the rep replied.
“No, I need something really dirt cheap just to get me by,” responded the fabricator. “No ‘smart this’ or ‘CNC that.’”
The rep said, “Well, at Revolution Machine Tools we don’t do ‘cheap’—you may want to look at a different brand.” He then smiled and added, “But as long as I’m here, can I at least take a look at your operation and then recommend something that might be perfect for your needs?”
The fabricator conceded, allowing the RMT rep to ask questions about his projects, then showing him his production area. The representative evaluated the shop environment and made recommendations about workflow, power supplies, and even scrap disposal. Returning to the fabricator’s office, the rep showed him the features of RMT’s B-SMART press brakes series, highlighting the cost-savings that the equipment would bring to his business, and recommending a specific model with added options to match his projected jobs.
At the end of the meeting the fabricator found himself signing a sales order for a slightly more expensive machine than he had anticipated, but one with a projected return on investment that he never would have previously imagined. “Thanks for being patient with me,” he told the representative. “This is going to work out so much better for us in the long run.”
“That always seems to be the case,” the man from RMT replied with another smile.
Features of RMT B-SMART Press Brakes
Revolution Machine Tools’ recommended press brakes for fabricators just starting up are the machines in their B-SMART press brake line. As the name implies, these are “smart” press brakes that utilize a CNC interface for precise control of three axes: Y1 and Y2 ram positioning and an X-axis back gauge.
Like all RMT press brakes, B-SMART press brake machines feature high-yield plate construction and offer more open height, more stroke, and more throat depth than many comparable brakes on the market. They are also faster and have greater accuracy.
RMT B-SMART press brakes are built with world-class hydraulic and electronic components that are easily replaceable by the end user, either through RMT or off-the-shelf from a local supply house. They feature Hoerbiger hydraulic blocks and valves, as well as electronics system components produced by Siemens, Schneider, and Mitsubishi.
Other standard accessories include a Delem DA-53T CNC control unit, manual crowning, a motorized backgauge with a linear guide and ball bearing system, height adjustable backgauge fingers, quick-set sliding front sheet support arms, a safety laser and either American/European section-style box punch clamps or American-only style clamps.
Available options include a CNC R-axis, CNC controlled motorized crowning, adaptive bending sensors for angle measurement, an upgrade to a Delem DA-58T CNC control unit with 2D graphics, additional clamping and tooling options, additional supports, and the ability to configure two, three, or even four brakes to be connected and run in tandem to bend longer parts.
B-SMART Series Press Brakes Available from RMT
Brakes under 10′
- 70-ton RMT B-SMART 6-70 | 6′ 10″ total bending length (5′ 7″ between housings)
- 110-ton RMT B-SMART 8-110 | 8′ 6″ total bending length (7′ 3″ between housings)
10′ Press Brakes
- 110-ton RMT B-SMART 10-110 | 10′ 2″ total bending length (8′ 6″ between housings)
- 150-ton RMT B-SMART 10-150 | 10′ 2″ total bending length (8′ 6″ between housings)
- 200-ton RMT B-SMART 10-200 | 10′ 2″ total bending length (8′ 6″ between housings)
- 250-ton RMT B-SMART 10-250 | 10′ 2″ total bending length (8′ 6″ between housings)
- 350-ton RMT B-SMART 10-350 | 10′ 2″ total bending length (8′ 6″ between housings)
12′ Press Brakes
- 200-ton RMT B-SMART 12-200 | 12′ 4″ total bending length (10′ 8″ between housings)
- 250-ton RMT B-SMART 12-250 | 12′ 4″ total bending length (10′ 8″ between housings)
- 350-ton RMT B-SMART 12-350 | 12′ 4″ total bending length (10′ 8″ between housings)
- 440-ton RMT B-SMART 12-440 | 13′ 5″ total bending length (11′ 8″ between housings)
14′ Press Brakes
- 200-ton RMT B-SMART 14-200 | 14′ 0″ total bending length (12′ 4″ between housings)
- 250-ton RMT B-SMART 14-250 | 14′ 0″ total bending length (12′ 5″ between housings)
- 350-ton RMT B-SMART 14-350 | 14′ 0″ total bending length (12′ 4″ between housings)
- 440-ton RMT B-SMART 14-440 | 14′ 0″ total bending length (12′ 5″ between housings)
- 550-ton RMT B-SMART 14-550 | 14′ 0″ total bending length (12′ 5″ between housings)
20′ Press Brakes
- 250-ton RMT B-SMART 20-250 | 20′ 0″ total bending length (16′ 9″ between housings)
- 350-ton RMT B-SMART 20-350 | 20′ 0″ total bending length (16′ 9″ between housings)
- 500-ton RMT B-SMART 20-440 | 20′ 0″ total bending length (16′ 9″ between housings)
- 550-ton RMT B-SMART 20-550 | 20′ 0″ total bending length (16′ 9″ between housings)
Please note that due to ongoing product development, machine specifications are subject to change without notice.
What If I Need an Even More Powerful Brake?
Regardless of your metal bending needs, Revolution Machine Tools has the machine to fit the bill.
Need control over more axes? Choose an RMT B-GENIUS press brake with their standard 7-axis CNC, expandable to 16+ axes.
Want to go green? Save money and the environment with the RMT B-GENIUS-E series of electro-mechanical press brakes, available with six or more axes of control.
Want the efficiency of electric but the power of a hydraulic brake? The 7-axis (expandable to 14+) B-GENIUS-H series of hybrid press brakes from RMT are the perfect fit.
Is 20′ too short or 550-tons too ‘lightweight’? Then RMT’s B-GIANT press brakes series might offer what you are looking for with up to 40′ bending lengths and capacities up to a whopping 20,000 tons.
Your One-Stop Press Brake Source
Regardless of your needs, Revolution Machine Tools has the press brake to help you get the job done fast, accurately, and in style. RMT also has their own in-house service staff and parts department to make sure your press brake keeps running for years after the ink dries on the sales agreement.
Call RMT today for a competitive quote on your next metal bending solution.