Aren’t All Machinery Sellers the Same?
It may not matter as much when your small, handheld angle grinder breaks down and you need to go buy a quick replacement, but when it comes to larger, more expensive metalworking machines, where you purchase one can have significant consequences for your business over time.
From used equipment dealers out to make a quick buck on old machines that haven’t been properly checked out, to new machinery distributors who only sell third-rate foreign knockoffs of name brands, the quality of the merchandise—not to mention the ethics of its sellers—is a serious consideration for the investor in a machine tool or a piece of metal fabrication equipment.
Even when a known worthwhile machine is involved, other factors about the seller should be investigated before getting too involved in the process, such as their customer service, warranties, and after-purchase support.
Revolution Machine Tools goes to great lengths to provide top-of-the-line products backed by the highest standards of excellence in customer support to create one of the most loyal customer bases in the industry.
RMT as a Brand
If you ask any machinery consultant at Revolution Machine Tools what line of machines they sell, you may think you were misheard when they reply, “RMT,” but that’s the correct answer. RMT the machinery sales company sells RMT the machinery brand. Unlike other exclusive machine dealers, however, Revolution Machine Tools is not simply a factory outlet for an established brand, but the very company that created that lineup of equipment.
Founded in the United States and located amid the Rocky Mountains, Revolution Machine Tools employs an inhouse Research and Development team to design their offerings, utilizing the latest breakthroughs in cutting-edge technology. In addition, the factory that builds RMT machines holds to incredibly high standards and doesn’t settle for anything less than perfection in every piece of equipment that rolls off the line. Not only does RMT deliver an excellent warranty on every machine they sell, but they also provide some specialized ones, such as their 10-year warranty on the solid, mono-block frames—fabricated from mill-certified high-yield steel—on their standard press brakes.
RMT offers exclusive lines of exceptional metalworking equipment across major fabrication categories, including angle rolls, bandsaws, cold saws, dishing-flanging machines, fiber lasers, horizontal and hydraulic presses, ironworkers, plate rolls, press brakes, shears, and several others. RMT has frequently added a machine type due to requests from customers, such as aircraft rolls and tube-cutting fiber lasers. In the few instances where it hasn’t been feasible to create a machine to meet a growing demand, RMT has partnered with industry leaders to carry their machines, such as finishing machines from Jonsen Sander and steel pipe machines from Jae Won Industrial Machinery.
Other advantages of buying RMT-brand machines include:
- Variety. RMT has a wide range of offerings, including nearly 60 standard models of press brakes and nearly 90 of hydraulic plate rolls, not counting various specialized and custom machines in those categories. Each line of machines includes all the standard sizes, so, regardless of specification or requirement, RMT can provide a solution for virtually any metal fabrication need.
- Options. Most RMT machines offer an extensive selection of optional upgrades and accessories to meet the preferences of metalworkers large and small. For example, most RMT press brakes can provide well over a dozen axes of control if requested. In back gauges alone, the selection is wide: a single-axis back gauge (X-axis) is standard on the B-SMART series of press brakes, while a 2-axis (X and R) back gauge is standard on the B-GENIUS and B-GIANT brakes and optional on the B-SMART. The B-GENIUS and B-GIANT press brakes can also be upgraded to a 4-axis (X, R, Z1, Z2), a 5-axis (X, R, Z1, Z2, X Prime), or a 6-axis (X1, X2, R1, R2, Z1, Z2) back gauge. Whether an end user wants to add material supports, enhance a safety system, or upgrade a control, RMT has options to please the most finicky operators and owners.
- Replacement Parts. Unlike many equipment producers who use proprietary components that their customers are forced to order from them when a machine goes down, all RMT metal fabrication machines are built with world-class hydraulic and electrical parts from such recognizable names like Hoerbiger, Parker, Rexroth, Schneider, and Siemens. This allows RMT machine owners to get back up and running quickly and at a reasonable cost by going straight to their local supply house.
RMT As a Dealer
Not every machinery salesperson—or even every machinery dealership manager—is making a living doing what they love. Some are simply fumbling unhappily along, whether it’s an owner who inherits the family business and decides he can run it without any experience to a used car salesman who answers a help-wanted ad and figures if he can sell pickups, he should be able to sell press brakes.
That’s not the case with RMT. “Revolution Machine Tools is a very tight knit, select team of professionals,” RMT founder Kyle Jorgenson said in an interview. “All of us here at Revolution Machine Tools—I’d call us machine junkies. I mean, we’re machine nerds. We really get into machinery.”
Along with loving metalworking machines, the staff at RMT are very fond of their customers. As Kyle Jorgenson has said, “Our customers are our friends. We’re here to help [them] make informed decisions, the proper decisions on an investment in a machine tool.” One purchaser of a fiber laser from RMT commented on the devotion they have for their customers. Naming some big manufacturers in the industry he said, “you’re just a number to them. Where with RMT, you’re a customer, you’re a partner.”
Revolution Machine Tools not only cares deeply about customer service, but they are also extremely machinery service oriented as well. They have their own very knowledgeable technicians and service team staffed inhouse to take care of any concerns their customers might face. RMT understands that every single breakdown or glitch a machine encounters translates into a loss in opportunity cost and profit for a customer. Revolution Machine Tools is committed to making sure they will be able to provide repair services in a timely manner should one of their machines break down.
Other advantages of buying from RMT include:
- Pre-Sale Consultation. RMT performs a site assessment consultation before recommending any specific machines to a potential customer. They evaluate the company’s production area to determine what equipment will work well in their manufacturing environment and examine such factors as where the machine will be placed, how it will be rigged and installed, the best ways to dispose of scrap and waste, whether adequate electrical and other requirements exist, and even if the surrounding equipment will pose any electromagnetic or vibration interference issues to the new machine.
- In-House Parts Department. RMT’s Parts and Tooling Department stocks the highest-grade consumables, tooling, and replacement parts to serve their customers and others in the industry. They can also order and ship any specialized tooling directly to an end user.
- Long-Distance Troubleshooting. Technicians are on-call to respond to service questions by phone, chat, or email outside of business hours, so customers don’t have to wait to get help when they need it.
- Preventative Maintenance. Affordable, customized PM plans can be created for some or all the machines a customer buys from RMT to keep them operating at their peak performance levels and mitigate avoidable downtime.
- Legacy. Kyle Jorgenson started in the metalworking machine industry laboring alongside his father, Roger Jorgenson, who established a reputation over several decades as an honest and considerate equipment dealer in the Intermountain West. Roger taught Kyle the importance of relationships and customer service, and Kyle in turn has built his own reputation in the industry on those principles. Kyle started Revolution Machine Tools in honor of that legacy. Speaking of both Roger and Kyle, one customer noted, “Just about every piece of equipment we have… is from them.”
Why Not Give RMT a Try?
If you ask, “Why choose RMT?” then an easy reply is: “Why not?” Revolution Machine Tools will gladly provide a competitive quote for any metal fabrication equipment you might need and can arrange a tour of an existing customer’s facility to view a similar RMT machine in operation. There is no obligation when you contact any of their machinery consultants, so give them a call today and see for yourself why so many fabricators have repeatedly partnered with Revolution Machine Tools for their metalworking needs.